Interested in a future with Red9? Check out our jobs below:
At Red9, we are a group of Microsoft SQL Server database experts architecting solutions for the most elite companies in the world. We are a unique, close-knit team of database experts in all facets of data operations: strategic, architectural, development and maintenance.
The core values that founded our success are:
→ Best In Class Data Security
→ Top Notch Database Expertise
→ Innovation & Results
Red9 is on a mission to become the leader in the fractional DBA market while providing clients with the best customer service, the latest technology, and world-class security.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are a highly selective company hiring only passionate A+ players who will expose you to the newest DB tools and techniques. If you want exposure to a broad spectrum of SQL deployments, opportunities to build automations and other DBA tools and to spend more time doing actual SQL DBA work – then Red9 is the place for you!
“WE WORK HARD, WE SOLVE COMPLEX PROBLEMS, AND WE HAVE FUN MOVING FAST WHILE MAKING SQL RUN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE FOR OUR CLIENTS”
At Red9, we are looking for a SQL Server Database Admin to join our team.
In this role, you will:
- Design innovative SQL Server solutions (on-prem and cloud)
- Owner’s mindset – Proactively discover DB issues and find bottlenecks
- Troubleshoot a diverse set of DN issues from multiple clients
- Performance tune slow-performing SQL
This is a full-time position. You need to have at least 4 hours of overlap between 9 AM to 5 PM EST, and some overlap with EET (Lithuanian time).
To excel in this role, you need to have:
- Excellent spoken and written English
- 5+ years of work as a SQL Server DBA
- 3 to 5+ years of experience running complex migrations and upgrades
- 3+ years of experience in PowerShell
- Expertise in SQL
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to follow and build standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Experience with AlwaysOn, Clustering, Replication, extended events, baselining
Brownie points for knowledge of Power BI and other programming languages!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Here are the benefits:
- Full-time & fully remote
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Opportunities
- Potential to advance to a Team Lead position.
We kindly ask you to apply only if you are happy to work remotely as an independent contractor.
HOW TO APPLY?
Use this link to fill out our Applicant Intake Form