SQL Server Upgrade Services
Your company’s critical infrastructure depends on Microsoft SQL Servers which have many complexities, require involvement from multiple IT teams, and are difficult to upgrade. With Microsoft releasing new SQL Server versions, service packs, and cumulative updates so frequently, it’s easy to fall behind.
Have you been dealing with:
- SQL Server is getting older and harder to maintain?
- You’re ready to upgrade, but there’s uncertainty around how legacy apps will be impacted?
- Lack of internal expertise or internal capacity to take on the project? Don’t you know all the prep work required to make this a success?
- Uncertainty around how to evaluate hardware or cloud instance types and compare them to what you currently have?
- Lack of understanding of how long cut-over may take, and you’re worried about downtime?
- SQL Server that is out of Microsoft support?
- A data center that’s expensive and unreliable?
- Other migration complexities that keep on piling up:
- How to change app connection strings and possible ways to handle those
- You possibly want to upgrade the SQL version while you’re at it
- SQL Agent jobs
- SSIS packages
- SQL security
- SQL configuration settings
- AlwaysOn, log shipping or replication
- Disaster recovery servers
- Reporting Servers, Data Warehousing, SSRS, SSAS
- Other servers, like development, quality assurance & user acceptance testing environments
- Difficulty retaining and hiring new talent as people want to work on the latest version vs. old technology?
Do you want:
Red9 has been upgrading SQL Servers for more than a decade. We can help you upgrade (and migrate) your SQL Server safely from any version to any version. It doesn’t matter where your SQL Server resides: on-premises data center, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, VMWare, or HyperV environment; we’ve got you covered.
Working with the Red9 team will save you time and provide the high-level expertise you need without shifting your current staff focus. Red9 does multiple SQL upgrades (and migrations) every year, often running several each month.
- Comprehensive analysis of the existing environment revealing potential issues so we can get those addressed prior to the SQL upgrade
- Extensive experience with any SQL upgrade situation or question
- Comprehensive testing
- A rollback plan in case something unexpected happens
- Not a single failed SQL upgrade in the past 10+ years
- All of your security, SQLAgent jobs, SSRS, SSIS, linked servers, and others will migrate over
How we do it better:
- Full-scale project management, including a cross-functional project plan with due dates, timestamps, and deliverables by the team so that you can accurately estimate the outage window
- We get a new server setup with all the best practices:
- Group Policy and Active Directory
- Storage testing and formatting
- SQL installation and best practices deployment
- SQL maintenance customized for your environment
- Monitoring and alerting
- We do comprehensive performance testing and comparison of the new server. We do it at the:
- Aggregate or server level: where you can say, “CPU down by 37% on the new server” without making any changes
- Detail or TSQL level: where you can say, “everything is faster, however, these 21 statements became a lot slower, so let’s look into how to performance tune them prior to the actual migration”
Ready To Get Started?
Call Us Now
Or, Let Us Know How We Can Help
Tight On Time?Schedule A Call:
The deep level of knowledge of MSSQL is incredible and the combined experience and expertise has been a huge asset. Additionally, the flexibility and professionalism throughout a difficult migration was highly appreciated.
With little notice Red9 was able to find and fix a number of different SQL misconfigurations and wasteful practices as our customer moved their SQL environment from a rack solution with Fiber SAN to the Azure cloud.
Red9’s cool confidence and eagerness to deliver results are surpassed only by their deep penetrating knowledge of SQL. Whether it's SQL design, development, optimization, or recovery, Red9 is a SQL Gem.
They have mastered the understanding of complex, heavy load TSQL transactions. If you would like to sleep better at night and know your database will be running well in the morning, then I would recommend finding a DBA company with the kind of skill set Red9 has proven time and time again.
"In just a few minutes, Red9 was able to find significant performance improvement opportunities in our database. These improvements were in areas we hadn’t even considered. We plan to continue to work with Red9 on a regular basis and continue to enjoy the benefits of their knowledge."
"After SQL Database query tuning – Our site is flying now. I have already have hired Red9 three times. I am very happy I found them!"
"Beyond deep technical expertise, communication is very important to us. Red9 was timely in responses, met set expectations and timelines, and kept us in the loop when an unexpected issue came up. I would absolutely recommend Red9."