The Information Red9 Collects
- User-provided Information: You may provide to Red9 what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, credit card number, billing information and other personal information) when using the Red9 Site.
- “Cookies” Information: When you visit the Red9 Site, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Red9 may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Red9 Site. By using these cookies, we can “remember” what you have done on the Red9 Site before and personalize our site for you. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some of the functionality and site offerings available at the Red9 Site.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you visit the Red9 Site or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Red9 Site, the pages you view on the Red9 Site, and the dates and times that you visit the Red9 Site.
The Way Red9 Uses Information
- Red9 uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Red9 Site. We may use your email address, without further consent, to provide you with updates on the status of any application you may have submitted, to inform you of major updates to Red9 Site, for customer service and administrative purposes, or to contact you regarding any information or other content that you have posted to the Red9 Site.
- Red9 uses all of the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Red9 Site work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
- Red9 may use certain of your personally identifiable information, such as your name, educational background and professional experience for the purposes of the Red9 materials and services, including but not limited to creating a user profile for you.
- Red9 may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Red9 Site; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries and submissions.
- Red9 will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional messages without your consent or except.
When Red9 Discloses Information
- Red9 does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent.
- Red9 may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to, among other things, assist such parties in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Red9 Site.
- Red9 may also disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
- Red9 also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Red9 from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Red9 Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Red9, our Users, or others.
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Red9 does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Red9 Site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Red9 Site is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access THE Red9 Site at any time or in any manner. Any person who provides their personal information to Red9 through the Red9 Site represents that they are 13 years of age or older. If Red9 learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on Red9 without verifiable parental consent, then Red9 will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Our Commitment to Data Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Red9 uses commercially reasonable efforts to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.If Red9 learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Red9 Site or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security and privacy issues relating to your use of the Red9 Site. Red9 may post a notice on the Red9 Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us via email at admin –at– red9.com.
The Red9 Site is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Red9 Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data outside of those regions to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the European Union and other regions, and by providing your personal data consent to: (i) the use of your personal data for the uses identified above in accordance with the Privacy Notice; and (ii) the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
In the Event of Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy
In the event that Red9 should ever be acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the event of Red9’s bankruptcy, insolvency, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, we may not be able to control how information that we have collected from Users is transferred or used.
Effective Date, Date Last Modified
This Privacy Notice is effective as of June 24, 2014.
Red9 Contact Information
Please contact Red9 with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, or our third-party disclosure practices at admin –at– red9.com. We will endeavor to respond to your inquiry within a reasonable amount of time.