Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to your more pressing questions about Red9 and our solutions.
How will you access our SQL Server?
We use TeamViewer, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, Webex. This allows you to maintain full control. If we need to do more work, then VPN and RDP work the best.
How do I know my data will be secure?
We realize that a single security or data problem could ruin our business and reputation. Therefore we treat security with top priority. Below are a couple of things we do to ensure client data is always protected:
- We use bank-level security on top of the security you already have in place.
- All of our agreements include Non-Disclosure (NDA) clauses to give you legal protection.
- We carry high levels of insurance.
- We have numerous operational procedures to keep your data safe.
- Our DBAs are highly segregated to who they have access to - they don’t have access to all of the clients Red9 manages, only the ones they work with.
- Our DBAs have a minimum of 15 years of experience and manage various data: financial, healthcare, manufacturing, HR, accounting, e-commerce, etc.
- We treat your data and security as the top priority.
What makes you different from other SQL consultants?
- We use bank-level security. On top of what you already have.
- We don’t just maintain your servers - we continuously optimize them. Every month your SQL Server will get better, faster, and more stable.
- We have the most comprehensive SQL Health Check in the industry - this audit reaches far beyond your SQL Server. We examine the hardware, storage, Win OS settings, AD, GPO, db settings, clustering, cloud instance, and storage selection to name a few.
When can you start?
Emergency requests - are typically serviced in about 15 to 30 minutes after all paperwork has been taken care off.
Consulting engagements are scheduled to start about a week or two out.
Managed Services clients can be onboarded in 30-60days. After typical requests are serviced within 15 to 60 minutes.
How does SQL Consulting work?
SQL Server Consulting is a simple four-step process:
- Sign online contracts
- Provide payment details
- Schedule a call with SQL Expert
- We do the work
What are SQL Managed Services’ advantages?
SQL Server Managed Services will ensure peace of mind that your SQL Server will be the most stable and fastest its ever been.
We not only take care of day-to-day activities, but we will continuously make your SQL Server better. We handle:
- All day-to-day activities, such as backups, maintenance, patching, etc.
- We track down any alerts or log entries that may cause stability, outage, or performance degradation issues.
- We run periodic deep SQL Server Health Checks to find if anything got out of balance and fix it.
- We continuously find the slowest queries and tune their performance.
- We provide 24/7 access to Sr. DBA.
The deep level of knowledge of MSSQL is incredible and the combined experience and expertise has been a huge asset. Additionally, the flexibility and professionalism throughout a difficult migration was highly appreciated.
With little notice Red9 was able to find and fix a number of different SQL misconfigurations and wasteful practices as our customer moved their SQL environment from a rack solution with Fiber SAN to the Azure cloud.
Red9’s cool confidence and eagerness to deliver results are surpassed only by their deep penetrating knowledge of SQL. Whether it's SQL design, development, optimization, or recovery, Red9 is a SQL Gem.
They have mastered the understanding of complex, heavy load TSQL transactions. If you would like to sleep better at night and know your database will be running well in the morning, then I would recommend finding a DBA company with the kind of skill set Red9 has proven time and time again.
"In just a few minutes, Red9 was able to find significant performance improvement opportunities in our database. These improvements were in areas we hadn’t even considered. We plan to continue to work with Red9 on a regular basis and continue to enjoy the benefits of their knowledge."
"After SQL Database query tuning – Our site is flying now. I have already have hired Red9 three times. I am very happy I found them!"
"Beyond deep technical expertise, communication is very important to us. Red9 was timely in responses, met set expectations and timelines, and kept us in the loop when an unexpected issue came up. I would absolutely recommend Red9."