New Orleans, Louisiana Microsoft SQL Server Consultant
Red9 is unique in that we deploy SQL Monitoring software at our own cost for clients in New Orleans. Therefore, as a client, you don’t have to worry about purchasing any of the software licenses yourself. We handle 100% of the process.
We work with both on-premise and cloud solutions and offer support for Amazon AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Our certified team of experts have helped companies in Orleans County reduce response times, improve performance, and cut costs.
We offer instant access to certified DBAs, 24/7 monitoring and support and best practice advice and consulting with any of the following services:
- Database Assessments
- Database Migrations
- Database Performance Tuning
- Database Consulting
- Database Administrator as a Service
- Database Upgrades
- Remote DBA Services
- Database Monitoring
- Database Projects
- Database Development
- Database Lifecycle Management
Get a Free Consultation
About Our New Orleans SQL Services:
New Orleans SQL Database Management
Rather than hiring a full-time DBA in New Orleans, we exist to watch your databases around the clock and make sure that they are secure and operating efficiently. As a Managed Server Provider (MSP), we implement best practices to help minimize the risk of your business experiencing downtime and bring you the same level of service and support as a full-time experienced DBA at a fraction of the cost.
All of the following services will be automatically taken care of for you:
- Database Backups
- Routine & Proactive Maintenance
- Indexing Tuning
- Proactive Alerting
- Database Performance Monitoring
- SQL Server Updates, Service Packs and Cumulative Updates
- Advanced Performance Tuning
- Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Statistics Maintenance
- SQL Server Troubleshooting
- Root Cause Analysis
- AlwaysOn, Replication, Log Shipping
- SQL Reboots
Microsoft SQL Server Performance Tuning in New Orleans
Our team of senior-level remote DBAs ensure that your SQL Server is following all Microsoft best practices and is functioning flawlessly in the short term and prepared for the long term.
We will tune server settings, hardware setup, indexing, backups strategy, review security practices, review if SQL Server features are being utilized properly and if you are taking advantage of some of the less known features, review SQL Agent jobs, slow running T-SQL statements and SSRS reports – anything that could cause immediate stability and performance problems. When immediate problems are solved we will prepare the server for long term – review and optimize SQL Server licensing, Disaster Recovery (DR), Clustering, AlwaysOn, Log shipping, Replication, review ETL jobs, database utilization, and consolidation.
Below are some of the main checks our Expert DBA perform to ensure optimum stability and performance for your New Orleans, Louisiana business:
- Performance Tune Hardware – Storage and networking hardware failures don’t break the SQL Server, but they will slow it down.
- Performance Tune Windows OS settings – SQL Server runs on top of Windows, therefore its important Operating System is set up for that. By default – it is not.
- Performance Tune Indexes – we check to see if there are too many indexes, duplicate indexes, lack of indexes and many other potential issues.
- Measure Before and After Performance – Before tuning any SQL or stored procedures we get execution statistics before making changes. Then we make changes. Then measure after effects and send you a report with both performance numbers.
- Performance Tune Architecture – A poor architecture can also bring the most expensive hardware on its knees. Fast database performance – is never an accident. There isn’t one correct or incorrect architecture, though one example is a database with one data file. Often having data landed on multiple data files and indexes outside of data files – makes things faster. You can also now take advantage of multipath storage IO reading the same table or index from multiple drives rather than one.
There are many other reasons why you might need to tune your server, though these are a few of the most common services we perform when fine tuning servers in New Orleans.
New Orleans SQL Server Health Check
Our general health checks serve as the basis for stability, security, maintenance, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery. In addition, a health check performed by an expert SQL Server consultant will increase stability, reduce down time and eliminate poor performance.
A SQL Server health check is also a great opportunity to check that the server is using Microsoft’s best practices which helps even further to optimize it for better performance. Some issues often found in a SQL health check include maintenance problems, bad backup strategies, Windows event log errors, and poor configurations. We run health check and routine maintenance, which automatically alerts us of the following issues:
- Best Practices – There are over 300 checks that we deploy to ensure your SQL Server is following best practices
- Configurations – Are there errors or misconfigurations that are negatively impacting the server?
- Security – Is there anything that could potentially lead to a breach in security?
- Database Maintenance – Is anything outdated? Does everything follow Microsoft’s best practices?
- Server Availability – What are our downtime risks? How can we minimize risks?
- Backups – Are backups properly configured ?
For a more comprehensive list, check out this checklist.
SQL Server Management in New Orleans
We deploy our software or custom code to capture activity in the database server. So if an IT manager in Louisiana wants to know why something was slow on Monday at 3pm, we can pinpoint the activity and answer exactly what caused the interruption.
Our monitoring process aims to address the following:
- Capture baseline
- Alert when errors are happening or about to happen
- Run automatic jobs where possible to self heal
- Prioritize problems
- Have Database Administrator review manually
- Implement the fix
- Implement the fix for long term
After taking note of SQL Server performance, changes, and availability, we also dive into capacity planning. This simply means if your server can handle future capacity. If not, how soon does it need to be upgraded? If your data grows by 5TB per year, can you handle next year with accelerated growth and if not, how soon will you need to upgrade?
New Orleans, Louisiana Performance Tuning Case Studies by Red9
Here's a before and after look for Performance Tuning that saw a 1,600% gain. CPU before was 2469 and after was 922 for a 63% improvement. IO before was 118,566 and after was 10,785 for a 91% improvement. Duration before was 2462 and after was 918 for a 62% improvement.
Red9 Client Testimonials for New Orleans, Louisiana
Top database architectMark is one of the top database architects I have worked with. Mark has been instrumental in the installation, configuration, and optimization of our SQL Server instances which are hosted through Amazon AWS. Mark's always pleasant to work with, and eager to assist his teammates. I hope to work with Mark in the future, and highly recommend him for senior level opportunities.
Get a Free Consultation
SQL Certification Classes in New Orleans, Louisiana
We Are Proud to Serve the Entire Greater New Orleans, Louisiana Area
70112 · 70113 · 70114 · 70115 · 70116 · 70117 · 70118 · 70119 · 70121 · 70122 · 70123 · 70124 · 70125 · 70126 · 70127 · 70128 · 70129 · 70130 · 70131 · 70139 · 70163
Top Data Companies In New Orleans, Louisiana
- Universal Data Inc
- Bellwether Technology